(Modified June 19, 2018)
In order to facilitate the necessary overall consistency and coherence, in terminology, approach, input/output relations and formats, for the whole set of EPB-standards, the following documents and tools are available:
- a document with basic principles to be followed in drafting EPB-standards:
CEN/TS 16628:2014, Energy Performance of Buildings - Basic Principles for the set of EPB standards;
- a document with detailed technical rules to be followed in drafting EPB-standards;
CEN/TS 16629:2014, Energy Performance of Buildings - Detailed Technical Rules for the set of EPB-standards.
The detailed technical rules are the basis for ta number of tools:
- a common template for each EPB-standard, including specific drafting instructions for the relevant clauses;
- a common template for each technical report that accompanies an EPB standard or a cluster of EPB standards, including specific drafting instructions for the relevant clauses;
- a common template for the spreadsheet that accompanies each EPB standard, to demonstrate the correctness of the EPB calculation procedures.
By definition, each EPB-standard, both in CEN and ISO, has to comply with the requirements given in ISO 52000 1 (the overarching EPB standard) and the above mentioned Basic Principles and Detailed Technical Rules documents.
See also: the common Annex A/Annex B approach