Platform developer (MEDIOR) m/f (32 – 40 hrs)
The EPB Center is in need of a Platform developer with strong affinity for the Energy Performance of Buildings (EPB). The selected candidate would develop the EPB Center both internally and externally into an EU-wide (and global) leading EPB services platform. Strong affinity with international cooperation and public relations are key assets.
EPB Center in a nutshell (i)
- contributes to the ambitious international goals of reducing to (nearly) zero energy the new or deep-renovated buildings
- provides information and technical support on the use of the set of EPB standards (harmonized set of energy performance assessments methods)
- actively supports the European vision on decarbonizing EPB, and
- stimulates, according to the holistic approach, reduction of greenhouse gas emissions while safeguarding the Indoor Environmental Quality in buildings
Main objective, tasks and required skills
The EPB Center started in 2017 as an initiative financially supported by the European Commission. Since then different activities have been implemented relying on the EPB Center website as central communication and dissemination point publicly available for the various stakeholders.
EPB Center is steadily growing into an EPB implementation authority in the EU. The overarching goal is to operate within 3-5 years as a profitable and sustainable platform-based organization.
For building this professional self-sustaining platform-based organization EPB Center is on the lookout for an enthusiastic platform manager with skills in EPB, e-commerce, marketing and platform development. You will be responsible for developing a solid and vivid platform with profitable business cases.
In this job you will work in direct contact with the EPB Center management team and its consultants (EPB experts). Furthermore, creating opportunities and networking with EU officials, stakeholders and all interested parties will be an important part of your daily work.
What is EPB Center looking for?
- Educational level: Bachelor’s degree or higher
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge and experience in iterative platform or business development (agile, mock-up, lean start-up, platform development kit, value proposition, marketing)
- Knowledge and interest in EU policy on EPB, the implementation of EPBD in EU member states and related EU directives
- Some knowledge and interest in international network organizations active within EPB Center scope like REHVA, ACE, EU level training networks in the field of buildings energy performance and energy management etc.
- Some knowledge and interest in international standardization organisations like CEN and ISO
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- You will (when needed and possible after COVID-19 pandemic) travel across the European region, especially Brussels and Rotterdam
What makes you the perfect candidate?
- You are a people’s person and a strong relationship manager
- You are organized, proactive and structured
- You are a creative customer-oriented person and can act as a strong communicator
- You are able to work at international level communicating with EPB experts, building technology industrial partners, policy makers and related network organisations
- You want to make a difference in the current climate change adaptation and mitigation efforts
What does the EPB Center offer?
- An international position in a young professional and people-oriented platform organization
- The opportunity to further develop your international career
- Solid primary and secondary working conditions, company laptop and phone
- Office in Rotterdam or in Brussels
- Starting date as soon as possible
If you are interested, submit your application (CV and cover letter) in English to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for application: 31 May 2021.
More information regarding EPB Center and its activities at www.epb.center
Mission of EPB Center: • Become the authority on the international harmonized set of EPB assessment methods and their implementation at national and regional levels • Dedicated to provide stakeholders and interested parties technical support for implementing the EPB standards at national and regional level • Assist with the formulation of needs with regard to the further development and improvement of the set of EPB standards