EN 15316–4-2 (heat. & DHW generation, heat pump systems)
Energy performance of buildings – Method for calculation of system energy requirements and system efficiencies – Part 4–2: Space heating generation systems, heat pump systems, Module M3–8-2, M8–8-2
!! A new draft of EN 15316-4-2 passed public enquiry on May 26, 2022. Link to CEN database
See link under More details below for more information.
This European Standard covers heat pumps for space heating, heat pump water heaters (HPWH) and
heat pumps with combined space heating and domestic hot water production in alternate or
simultaneous operation, where the same heat pump delivers the heat to cover the space heating and
domestic hot water heat requirement.
The standard provides a calculation method under steady conditions that corresponds to one
The results of this calculation are incorporated in larger building models and take in account the
influence of the external conditions and building control that influence the energy requirements for
heating supplied by the heat pump system.
The scope of this part is to standardize the:
- required inputs;
- calculation methods;
- required outputs
Generation for space heating and domestic hot water production of the following heat pump systems,
including control of:
- electrically-driven vapour compression cycle (VCC) heat pumps;
- combustion engine-driven vapour compression cycle heat pumps;
- thermally-driven vapour absorption cycle (VAC) heat pumps, using water for distribution and specific (air, brine or water) heat sources.
This standard does not cover sizing or inspection of heat pumps.
This standard deals with heat generators for heating or for combined domestic hot water and heating service.
Go to the page with more details on this standard, for:
- Latest news on the revision of the standard and the updated spreadsheet to demonstrate and validate the standard including the new features, including a short (15') video
- On work in progress towards harmonization of product and building related European heat pump standards