How we protect your personal information
About our policy
In compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the EPB Center is strongly committed to protect your privacy and complying with your choices. Both personal and non-personal information collected is safeguarded according to the highest privacy and data protection standards adopted worldwide. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. The GDPR came into effect on the 25th of May 2018.
This privacy notice governs the website www.epb.center and informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our service and the choices you have associated with that data. This privacy notice only covers information collected through this site and via direct communications between you and EPB Center. It does not cover any information collected at any other website, application or other communication methods such as when you call us, write us, or in any other manner.
Controller for the processing of your personal data
EPB Center B.V., with its registered office and principal place of business in Rotterdam (The Netherlands), is the controller for the processing of your data.
Data collection methods
We use data collection methods and technologies on our website to collect data for the purposes of different transactions with you, such as:
- sending newsletters
- access to some password protected online content
- communication (e.g. related to comments or questions)
- registration to events
- gathering analytics on our website traffic
Which type of personal data is processed by us
While using our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Registration details, e.g. for newsletters (such as name and email address).
- Cookies (see below).
- Login details (such as user name and password).
- Contact details, e.g. for questions or events (such as name and type of organization, professional interest, messages).
- All other information that you might provide to us (e.g. photos or pictures you submit).
- Transaction details.
- Information related to the type of browser, OS, or type of device that you use for visiting our website.
Where we store your data
Your personal data that we collect is stored in the Netherlands and Europe.
How and for which purposes we use your information
We may use information that we collect about you to provide services to you and to improve our services in general.
Who do we share this information with?
EPB Center does not provide your personal data to third parties without your prior consent, unless EPB Center is obliged to do so on the basis of a statutory provision or a judicial decision. We also do not use your data for tracking which adverts may be interesting for you or for linking adverts to your interests.
How we communicate with you
- We may send you email such as newsletters, publications, and other services and news about us or on topics relevant you requested or that you opted in to receive. You may opt out of these at any time.
- Responding to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
- We may contact you to inform you about changes in our services, our service offerings and other important service related notices.
- To process any registration for an account on our website and for the subsequent administration of that account.
- To process any event paying of free event registration or other transactions through our website and to carry out any obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
- We may develop, and display content and promotion tailored to your interests on our services on our site and on other sites.
- We also may use your information to manage our services, to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Further information regarding cookies
General visiting data such as the most frequently requested pages are kept up to date on our website.
The purpose for this is to optimize the lay-out of the website. Your personal data will never be sent/included via the internet without your agreement.
Three types of cookie settings are used:
- to remember log in data;
- to guarantee security when logged in;
- to enable the correct functioning of the EPB website
Surfing behaviour analysis
The visitor provides consent for the following with these:
- to remember log in data;
- to guarantee security when logged in;
- to monitor surfing behaviour on the website, which gives insight into what clients find important (this is not traceable to an IP address).
EPB Center provides you with the opportunity to share information on the website through social media buttons. When shared cookies are placed by third parties, please read the privacy statements of LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook for further information. This information is regularly modified, and EPB Center has no influence over this.
EPB Center does not place tracking cookies on the website, but if you make use of social media cookies, third parties can place these cookies.
Choices and individual rights
We aim to take reasonable steps, so you can correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
We outline your choices below:
- E-mail. As described above, if you do not wish to receive any e-mails from us, you may opt out at any time. If you opt out of a newsletter e-mail, we may still send you transactional and administrative emails about this privacy notice or about the products or services you have acquired or requested.
- Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time.
Your rights under certain circumstances. To initiate any of the actions here below please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- To request information on which Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
- To request transfer of your personal data to another party.
- Please note that in some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Changes to the Policy
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to visit our site after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent on the new policy.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please contact us.