Fifth webinar - EPB standards linked to health and wellbeing
(Updated: June 2, 2020)
The 5th webinar is organized on Tuesday 16th June 2020 (12h00-13h30) on "EPB standards linked to health and wellbeing".
Following the successful previous webinars
- “Guidance and examples for the EPB standards’ flexibility”,
- “EPB standards overview: why, how, what!”,
- “How to make good use of the outputs of the EPB assessments”,
and the upcoming 4th webinar (Tuesday May 26):
this 5th webinar introduces and demonstrates the definition of indoor climate and other health related indoor conditions requirements as set out in one of the EPB standards, EN 16798-1. In particular, it shows the thermal comfort requirements and how they can be evaluated by the calculation methods defined in the EPB standards. As a follow-up to the 4th webinar, it shows further applications and possibilities of an hourly calculation method beyond the energy needs calculation.
In the frame of climate change, the overheating issue is getting more and more important for both health and productivity reasons, and strategies to avoid this by enhanced ventilative cooling need to be evaluated. The possibilities and limitations of such evaluations, using the methods described in the EPB standards and documents are shown, and further developments currently underway in standardization are introduced.
- 12h00 - 12h25 – Gerhard ZWEIFEL, Professor emeritus Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, EPB expert
Thermal comfort and overheating
- 12h25 - 12h45– Dick VAN DIJK, EPB expert, EPB Center
Energy needs calculation (EN ISO 52016-1) and thermal comfort
- 12h45 - 13h00 – Gerhard ZWEIFEL, Professor emeritus Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, EPB expert
Ventilative cooling and climate change – current standardization work, complementing the EPB standards
- 13h00 - 13h30 – Moderated Q&A
More details on the webinar (BUILD UP website)
Series of webinars on the EPB standards
A series of webinars on the EPB standards is organized throughout 2020 by BUILD UP in cooperation with EPB Center’s experts under the scope of Service Contract ENER/C3/2017-437/SI2-785.185 “Support the dissemination and roll-out of the set of Energy Performance of Buildings standards developed under EC Mandate M/480” (duration September 2018 - September 2021).
Agenda for the whole series