Second webinar: EPB standards overview: why, how, what!
(Updated: March 19, 2020)
The 2nd webinar was organised on Thu 19th March 2020 (12h00-13h30) on: "EPB standards overview: why, how, what !"
Following the successful 1st webinar on “Guidance and examples for the EPB standards’ flexibility”, this 2nd webinar provided a detailed overview:
- Why the EPB standards came into being to support the implementation of the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (Mandates M/343 and M/480) and the relation to ongoing EU policy developments vis-à-vis building performance (e.g. energy, environment, people)
- How by design the EPB standards are meant to facilitate the EU-wide transition to a sustainable built environment
- What online information resources and tailored services are available to all building sector stakeholders for providing guidance to reap all benefits of the EPB standard
Recording of the webinar (90 minutes):
- 0h00: – General Introduction (the webinar series, this webinar),
by Giulia LEGHISSA, Scientific communication at Eurac Research (BuildUp Editorial Board)
- 0h02: – (Why) EPBD and EPB standards keynote,
by Jaap HOGELING, Chairperson CEN/TC 371, Energy Performance of Buildings project group, European Committee for Standardization (CEN)
- 0h21: – (How) Key features of the EPB standards delivering on their promise,
by Dick VAN DIJK, EPB expert, EPB Center and chairperson ISO JAG on the ISO 52000 family of EPB standards
- 0h43: – (What) Trustable information: online information resources and tailored services,
by Andrei Vladimir LIȚIU, Project Consultant, REHVA
- 0h58: – Q&A, moderated by Giulia LEGHISSA, (BuildUp Editorial Board)
More details on the webinar (BUILD UP website)
Series of webinars on the EPB standards
A series of webinars on the EPB standards is organized throughout 2020 by BUILD UP in cooperation with EPB Center’s experts under the scope of Service Contract ENER/C3/2017-437/SI2-785.185 “Support the dissemination and roll-out of the set of Energy Performance of Buildings standards developed under EC Mandate M/480” (duration September 2018 - September 2021).
Agenda for the whole series