Seventh webinar - Calculations with the set of EPB standards (I) - Introduction and overarching calculation procedures
(Updated: October 8, 2020)
The 7th webinar was organized on Tuesday 6th October 2020 (12h00-13h30) on "Example calculations with the set of EPB standards – (1) Introduction and overarching calculation procedures".
Following the successful first series of 6 webinars on the Energy Performance of Buildings standards (EN/ISO) supporting the implementation of the EPBD (see the list below), an additional series of 4 webinars has been scheduled on the set up and results of a series of example calculations on buildings and systems using the EPB standards.
The goal of these example calculations is to demonstrate:
- the functionality (the calculation works all together on practical cases, available features to describe energy properties of buildings and HVAC installations)
- the sensitivity (impact of single data or group of data on selected calculation results), and
- the usability (clear data input; description of practical system configurations, useful results and avoiding unnecessary input complexity)
of individual calculation modules and of the whole building calculation procedure.
The calculations will be performed for the most representative building types, technologies and climates.
The topics of all seminars can be found on the overview page.
This 7th webinar provided a general introduction of the example calculations, first example calculations, plus specific examples on the overarching EPB standard, EN ISO 52000-1.
- 0h0'00'' – General introduction (overview, practical information on participation (Q&A), etc.)
by Giulia LEGHISSA, Scientific communication at Eurac Research (BuildUp Editorial Board)
- 0h02'35'' – The examples calculations, why and how
by Jaap HOGELING, Chairperson CEN/TC 371, Energy Performance of Buildings project group, European Committee for Standardization (CEN)
- 0h13'40'' – First series of example calculations, on energy needs (EN-ISO 52016)
by Dick VAN DIJK, EPB expert, EPB Center
- 0h42'30'' – The overall energy performance indicator (EN-ISO 52000-1)
by Laurent SOCAL, independent EPB expert
- 1h11'50'' – Moderated Q&A, by Giulia LEGHISSA
- 1h30 – Closing
Download pdf of the presentations
Series of webinars on the EPB standards
A series of webinars on the EPB standards was jointly organized throughout 2020 and early 2021 by BUILD UP in cooperation with EPB Center’s experts under the scope of Service Contract ENER/C3/2017-437/SI2-785.185 “Support the dissemination and roll-out of the set of Energy Performance of Buildings standards developed under EC Mandate M/480” (duration September 2018 - September 2021).