Seventh webinar - Calculations with the set of EPB standards (I) - Introduction and overarching calculation procedures
(Updated: October 8, 2020)
The 7th webinar was organized on Tuesday 6th October 2020 (12h00-13h30) on "Example calculations with the set of EPB standards – (1) Introduction and overarching calculation procedures".
Following the successful first series of 6 webinars on the Energy Performance of Buildings standards (EN/ISO) supporting the implementation of the EPBD (see the list below), an additional series of 4 webinars has been scheduled on the set up and results of a series of example calculations on buildings and systems using the EPB standards.
The goal of these example calculations is to demonstrate:
- the functionality (the calculation works all together on practical cases, available features to describe energy properties of buildings and HVAC installations)
- the sensitivity (impact of single data or group of data on selected calculation results), and
- the usability (clear data input; description of practical system configurations, useful results and avoiding unnecessary input complexity)
of individual calculation modules and of the whole building calculation procedure.
The calculations will be performed for the most representative building types, technologies and climates.
The topics of all seminars in this second series (7 - 10) are listed further on.
This 7th webinar provided a general introduction of the example calculations, first example calculations, plus specific examples on the overarching EPB standard, EN ISO 52000-1.
- 0h0'00'' – General introduction (overview, practical information on participation (Q&A), etc.)
by Giulia LEGHISSA, Scientific communication at Eurac Research (BuildUp Editorial Board)
- 0h02'35'' – The examples calculations, why and how
by Jaap HOGELING, Chairperson CEN/TC 371, Energy Performance of Buildings project group, European Committee for Standardization (CEN)
- 0h13'40'' – First series of example calculations, on energy needs (EN-ISO 52016)
by Dick VAN DIJK, EPB expert, EPB Center
- 0h42'30'' – The overall energy performance indicator (EN-ISO 52000-1)
by Laurent SOCAL, independent EPB expert
- 1h11'50'' – Moderated Q&A, by Giulia LEGHISSA
- 1h30 – Closing
Series of webinars on the EPB standards
First series of webinars:
Second series of webinars:
Tuesday, Oct. 6th, 2020 - (1) Introduction and overarching calculation procedures
Tuesday, Oct. 20th, 2020- (2) Energy needs combined with specific systems
Tuesday, Dec. 8th, 2020 - (3) Whole building calculations, from components to overall primary energy (to be confirmed)
Tuesday, Jan. 19th, 2021 - (4) Additional example calculations (provisional title)