Eighth webinar - Calculations with the set of EPB standards (II) - Energy needs combined with specific systems
(Updated: October 22, 2020)
The 8th webinar was organized on Tuesday 20th October 2020 (12h00-13h30) on "Example calculations with the set of EPB standards – (2) Energy needs combined with specific systems".
Following the successful first series of 6 webinars on the Energy Performance of Buildings standards (EN/ISO) supporting the implementation of the EPBD (see the list below), an additional series of 4 webinars has been scheduled on the set up and results of a series of example calculations on buildings and systems using the EPB standards.
The goal of these example calculations is to demonstrate:
- the functionality (the calculation works all together on practical cases, available features to describe energy properties of buildings and HVAC installations)
- the sensitivity (impact of single data or group of data on selected calculation results), and
- the usability (clear data input; description of practical system configurations, useful results and avoiding unnecessary input complexity)
of individual calculation modules and of the whole building calculation procedure.
The calculations will be performed for the most representative building types, technologies and climates.
The topics of all seminars can be found on the overview page.
This 8th webinar represented part 1 of examples on the energy needs calculation (EN ISO 52016-1) combined with specific systems (ventilation/boiler, heat pump, chillers) and preliminary examples of whole building calculations.
- 0h00'00" – General introduction (overview, practical information on participation (Q&A), etc.)
by Giulia LEGHISSA, Scientific communication at Eurac Research (BuildUp Editorial Board)
- 0h03'05" – Brief introduction
by Jaap HOGELING, Chairperson CEN/TC 371, Energy Performance of Buildings project group, European Committee for Standardization (CEN)
- 0h05'24" – Coupling of the thermal zone (EN-ISO 52016) and heat pump systems (EN 15316-4-2)
by Dick VAN DIJK, EPB expert, EPB Center
- 0h27'53"– Coupling of the thermal zone (EN-ISO 52016) and natural ventilation (EN 16798-7) methods
by Gerhard ZWEIFEL, EPB expert, Professor emeritus Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- 0h46'00" – Preliminary examples of whole building calculations
by Laurent SOCAL, independent EPB expert
- 1h13'34" – Moderated Q&A
- 1h30' – Closing
Download pdf of the presentations
This webinar on BUILDUP website
Series of webinars on the EPB standards
A series of webinars on the EPB standards is organized throughout 2020 and early 2021 by BUILD UP in cooperation with EPB Center’s experts under the scope of Service Contract ENER/C3/2017-437/SI2-785.185 “Support the dissemination and roll-out of the set of Energy Performance of Buildings standards developed under EC Mandate M/480” (duration September 2018 - September 2021).