Eighth webinar - Calculations with the set of EPB standards (II) - Energy needs combined with specific systems
The 8th webinar will be organized on Tuesday 20th October 2020 (12h00-13h30) on "Example calculations with the set of EPB standards – (2) Energy needs combined with specific systems".
Following the successful first series of 6 webinars on the Energy Performance of Buildings standards (EN/ISO) supporting the implementation of the EPBD (see the list below), an additional series of 4 webinars has been scheduled on the set up and results of a series of example calculations on buildings and systems using the EPB standards.
The goal of these example calculations is to demonstrate:
- the functionality (the calculation works all together on practical cases, available features to describe energy properties of buildings and HVAC installations)
- the sensitivity (impact of single data or group of data on selected calculation results), and
- the usability (clear data input; description of practical system configurations, useful results and avoiding unnecessary input complexity)
of individual calculation modules and of the whole building calculation procedure.
The calculations will be performed for the most representative building types, technologies and climates.
The topics of all seminars in this second series (7 - 10) are listed further on.
This 8th webinar represents part 1 of specific examples on the energy needs calculation (EN ISO 52016-1) combined with specific systems (ventilation/boiler, heat pump, chillers) and preliminary example of whole building calculations.
Programme of the 8th webinar (approximate timings):
- 12h00 – 12h05 – General introduction (overview, practical information on participation (Q&A), etc.)
by the moderator
- 12h05 - 12h15 – Brief introduction
by Jaap HOGELING, Chairperson CEN/TC 371, Energy Performance of Buildings project group, European Committee for Standardization (CEN)
- 12h15 - 12h30 – Coupling of the thermal zone (EN-ISO 52016) and heat pump systems (EN 15316-4-2)
by Dick VAN DIJK, EPB expert, EPB Center
- 12h30 - 12h45 – Coupling of the thermal zone (EN-ISO 52016) and natural ventilation (EN 16798-7) methods
by Gerhard ZWEIFEL, EPB expert, Professor emeritus Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- 12h45 - 13h00 – Preliminary examples of whole building calculations
by Laurent SOCAL, independent EPB expert
- 13h00 - 13h28 – Moderated Q&A
- Closing remarks by the moderator
Series of webinars on the EPB standards
First series of webinars:
Second series of webinars:
Tuesday, Oct. 6th, 2020 - (1) Introduction and overarching calculation procedures (link)
Tuesday, Oct. 20th, 2020- (2) Energy needs combined with specific systems
Tuesday, Dec. 8th, 2020 - (3) Whole building calculations, from components to overall primary energy (to be confirmed)
Tuesday, Jan. 19th, 2021 - (4) Additional example calculations (provisional title)