Ninth webinar -Calculations with the set of EPB standards (III) – Whole building calculations, from components to overall primary energy
(Updated Nov. 27, 2020)
The 9th webinar*) will be organized on Tuesday 19th January 2021 (12h00-13h30) on "Example calculations with the set of EPB standards – (3) Whole building calculations, from components to overall primary energy".
Following the successful first series of 6 webinars on the Energy Performance of Buildings standards (EN/ISO) supporting the implementation of the EPBD (see the list below), an additional series of 4 webinars has been scheduled on the set up and results of a series of example calculations on buildings and systems using the EPB standards.
The goal of these example calculations is to demonstrate:
- the functionality (the calculation works all together on practical cases, available features to describe energy properties of buildings and HVAC installations)
- the sensitivity (impact of single data or group of data on selected calculation results), and
- the usability (clear data input; description of practical system configurations, useful results and avoiding unnecessary input complexity)
of individual calculation modules and of the whole building calculation procedure.
The calculations will be performed for the most representative building types, technologies and climates.
The topics of all seminars can be found on the overview page.
This 9th webinar*) will focus on whole building energy performance calculations for residential buildings. At this webinar we will demonstrate how the EPB standards enable to identify the impact of building and system design (insulated / non-insulated, system technology choice, renewables inclusion), outdoor climate (cold to hot) and assumed use patterns (such as occupancy and comfort schedules on the overall energy performance. We will also demonstrate how (national) choices for partial and overall EPB numerical indicators can effectively control the energy performance and set reliable minimum energy performance requirements.
*) Initially planned on Dec 8th 2020, now rescheduled to Jan 19th 2021 for further improving the content's quality and utility while allowing interested participants to close at ease the extraordinary 2020 and attain new knowledge with a fresh and rested mind in 2021.
Soon open for registration!
Programme (approximate timings):
- 12h00 – 12h05 – General introduction by the moderator (overview, practical information on participation (Q&A), etc.)
- 12h05 - 12h10 – Brief introduction by Jaap HOGELING, Chairperson CEN/TC 371, Energy Performance of Buildings project group, European Committee for Standardization (CEN)
- 12h10 - 12h35 – Building envelope: how to identify the starting point of an nearly zero-energy building (NZEB) with heating and cooling needs and partial performance indicators by Dick VAN DIJK, EPB expert, EPB Center
- 12h35 - 13h00 – Technical systems: influence of design and operation mode on dedicated indicators and overall building performance by Laurent SOCAL, independent EPB expert
- 13h00 - 13h30 – Moderated Q&A
Closing remarks by the moderator
Series of webinars on the EPB standards
A series of webinars on the EPB standards is organized throughout 2020 and early 2021 by BUILD UP in cooperation with EPB Center’s experts under the scope of Service Contract ENER/C3/2017-437/SI2-785.185 “Support the dissemination and roll-out of the set of Energy Performance of Buildings standards developed under EC Mandate M/480” (duration September 2018 - September 2021).