Tenth webinar -Calculations with the set of EPB standards (IV) – Focus on non-residential buildings
(updated Feb 5, 2021)
The 10th webinar was organized on Tuesday 2nd February 2021 (12h00-13h30) on "Example calculations with the set of EPB standards – (4) Focus on non-residential buildings".
Following the successful first series of 6 webinars on the Energy Performance of Buildings standards (EN/ISO) supporting the implementation of the EPBD (see the list below), an additional series of 4 webinars has been scheduled on the set up and results of a series of example calculations on buildings and systems using the EPB standards.
The goal of these example calculations is to demonstrate:
- the functionality (the calculation works all together on practical cases, available features to describe energy properties of buildings and HVAC installations)
- the sensitivity (impact of single data or group of data on selected calculation results), and
- the usability (clear data input; description of practical system configurations, useful results and avoiding unnecessary input complexity)
of individual calculation modules and of the whole building calculation procedure.
The calculations will be performed for the most representative building types, technologies and climates.
The topics of all seminars can be found on the overview page.
This 10th webinar focused on building energy performance calculations for non-residential buildings. At this webinar we demonstrated how the EPB standards enable to deal with various types of buildings and systems, taking in to account different conditions of use (EN 16798-1) and different control strategies, for different climates. Like in previous webinars, we focused both on details related to specific EPB standards (such as EN ISO 52016-1, EN 16798-7 and EN 16798-5-1), and on the impact on the overall building energy performance (EN ISO 52000-1).
- 0h00'00" – General introduction (overview, practical information on participation (Q&A), etc.)
by Giulia LEGHISSA, Scientific communication at Eurac Research (BuildUp Editorial Board)
- 0h03'00" – Brief introduction by Jaap HOGELING, Chairperson CEN/TC 371, Energy Performance of Buildings project group, European Committee for Standardization (CEN)
- 0h06'15"– Specific features of the calculation of energy needs for heating and cooling for non-residential buildings, by Dick VAN DIJK, EPB expert, EPB Center
- 0h28'06"– Integrated application of the EPB standards on energy needs, ventilation and air heating and cooling; demonstration, by Gerhard ZWEIFEL, EPB expert, Professor emeritus Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- 0h47'25" – From component to overall energy performance – the modular approach, by Laurent SOCAL, independent EPB expert
- 1h06'05" – Moderated Q&A
- 1h30' – Closing
Download pdf of the presentations
This webinar on BUILDUP website
Series of webinars on the EPB standards
A series of webinars on the EPB standards was jointly organized throughout 2020 and early 2021 by BUILD UP in cooperation with EPB Center’s experts under the scope of Service Contract ENER/C3/2017-437/SI2-785.185 “Support the dissemination and roll-out of the set of Energy Performance of Buildings standards developed under EC Mandate M/480” (duration September 2018 - September 2021).