New version of the spreadsheet on EN ISO 52016-1 available
Subject: Calculation of the energy needs for heating and cooling, internal temperatures and sensible and latent heat loads
With this tool you perform a full annual calculation of the heating and cooling loads and needs, with both the hourly and the monthly calculation method, according to the corresponding EPB standard, EN ISO 52016-1:2017.
This new release, replacing the 2019 version, has additional features:
- Adaptive comfort criteria according to EN 16798-1
- Hourly building use profiles based on EN 16798-1, extracted from the spreadsheet: the Use Profile Generator
- A simple algorithm on the impact of ventilative cooling, to support the work of the Task Group in CEN/TC 156/WG 21, in particular concerning the development of a Ventilative Cooling Potential Tool (built on the VCPT developed in IEA EBC Annex 62)
- An integrated special sheet to demonstrate and test the reference control scenarios for adaptive transparent building elements for FprEN FDIS 52016-3
• The tool comprises a small set of base cases and climatic data. The attached Brief Explanation document contains the basic information needed to run the tool. But it also contains a table with instructions how the base cases can be modified in a very simple way (by only changing one or two input data) to generate interesting variations, including the new features listed above.
You can find the new spreadsheet here